HUE TOUR - NGUYEN DYNASTY’S ANCIENT CITY AND THE PERFUME RIVER AT SUNSET
Tour code: VIG06
Hue was the capital city of the Nguyen lords that took over Vietnam, in 1802. The Nguyen dynasty, that lasted 13 kings and 143 years, and was the last imperial dynasty. The french had a big part in establishing the Nguyen dynasty and also its downfall, when the communist-led VietCong movement took power in the “August Revolution” of 1945. You’ll walk the ancient grounds of 3 Emperors Mausoleums, Minh Mang’s, Khai Dinh’s, and Tu Duc’s.
Before lunch stop and see how the iconic rice paddy hats and incense stick are made.
Listed by UNESCO as world heritage the Imperial city is the walled fortress and palace built in 1805, surrounded by moat. It took thousands of workers 27 years to build the city and walls 6.6 meters in height, 21 meters thick and 10 kilometers in circumference. It’s divided into two main parts excluding houses and mansions: The Citadel, and The Forbidden City.
Finally return on a gentle boat ride as you watch the sunset over the Perfume river, named such because in fall the flowers from orchards upriver fall into the water, giving the river a perfume-like aroma.
- Explore Emperor Minh Mang's Mausoleum, Emperor Khai Dinh's Mausoleum, Performing Programs Of Vo Kinh Van An - Vietnam Traditional Kung Fu, and Emperor Tu Duc’s Mausoleums.
- Visit Nguyen Dynasty Tomb's
- Visit Thien Mu Pagoda
- Boating on Perfume river
7:45am Our guide and driver pick up you at your hotel and then take a full day to discover Hue: visit Emperor Minh Mang's Mausoleum, Emperor Khai Dinh's Mausoleum, Performing Programs Of Vo Kinh Van An - Vietnam Traditional Kung Fu, and Emperor Tu Duc’s Mausoleums. Stop on the way to see how conical hats and incense sticks are made. Lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit Imperial capital during Nguyen Dynasty and the seven – storey Thien Mu Pagoda on the riverbank. Return by boat on the gentle Perfume River and do not miss the sunset on the river. You will come back your hotel.
End of Tour.
- All entrance fees to destination
- Lunch in a restaurant with local Vietnamese food
- English speaking tourguide
- Car transfer & boat trip
- Personal expenses
- Tipping/ Gratuities (optional)
- Children from 10yrs charge as adults
- Children from 5yrs to 9yrs charge 50%
- Children under 5yrs free of charge
- Pick up from 7:45am
- Tour ends 6:30pm
- Main points of interest: Emperor Minh Mang's Mausoleum, Emperor Khai Dinh's Mausoleum, Performing Programs Of Vo Kinh Van An - Vietnam Traditional Kung Fu, and Emperor Tu Duc’s Mausoleums, rice hat and insence workshop, lunch, imperial city, Thien Mu pagoda, perfume river boat trip
- What to bring: small money, camera, suncream/umbrella/hat, please be respectful to the dress code for places of worship in Vietnam (long pants and shirt must fully cover over the shoulders - t-shirt or longer)